Zirconia is the leading material used in dental restorations today. Its uses include a number of applications such as the fabrication of crown coping, bridge frameworks and custom implant abutments. As one of the most studied ceramics on earth, Zirconia provides the most durable and aesthetically pleasing restorations possible. Because Zirconia is a superior restoration material, the use of full contour Zirconia restorations is growing in popularity.
Tooth King dental lab recommends Zirconia to dentists due to following reasons:
- Affordability — When you compare the price of Zirconia to that of precious metals and other materials, you can see that full contour Zirconia restoration is considerably less expensive than more traditional methods.
- Biocompatibility — Medical grade Zirconia we use is accepted by the patient’s body as a natural material, which means it causes a much lower risk for allergic reaction and tissue irritation than any other materials are used.
- Exceptional Durability — Zirconia has a high flexural strength (proven strength of 1200(+/- 200) MPa) and fracture toughness and is also resistant to shock.
- Excellent Esthetics — No black lines or gingival graying. Semi-transparent with a high opacity to mask underlying tooth discoloration, metal cores and implant abutments.
Other Full Zirconia Crown and Bridge Benefits:
- — Completely Chip- resistant
- — Metal Free
- — Perfect Marginal Fit
- — Prevents Plaque
- — Saves Tooth Structure